Present in very large quantities in KARAFIT oil, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are essential Omega 3 fatty acids, long chain, indispensable to the proper metabolic functioning of the horse.
- Vitality: EPA and DHA help to reduce anxiety and stress (Holland, Kronfeld and Meacham 1996).
- Joints: EPA and DHA reduce inflammation and joint pain. (Manhart et al 2009)
- Heart and cardiovascular system: EPA and DHA support the cardiac function and help recovery after efforts.
- Brain, gestation and lactation: DHA is a structural lipid of brain tissue. It is essential for the development of the foal’s brain during the last 3 months of gestation but also during lactation. (Hall, Saun, and Wander 2004)
- Reproduction: Supplementation with EPA and DHA support fertility as well as reproduction.